AGD Hires New Head of Corporate
AGD is delighted to announce Mr Kamil Bakar will be joining us as our new Head of Corporate Banking in May 2019. Kamil has 13 years of diverse banking and capital market experience both in origination and execution, mainly in the areas of corporate banking, project finance advisory, trade finance and debt capital market.
Kamil started his banking career with the Government of Malaysia’s first Islamic Bank in 2006, where he was involved in the syndicated financing and corporate investment banking. Kamil joined Maybank in 2011 and was with the Client Coverage where he was responsible for managing the overall relationship for Government-linked corporations prior to his posting in Yangon.
Kamil was posted to Yangon in 2015 to helm the position of Head, Business Development, Maybank Yangon Branch, his roles among other include developing the local corporate banking professionals and the acquisition of corporate banking business for the Bank.
Among his notable deals include:-
1. Concluded the maiden Asian Development Bank’s Risk Participation Programme in Myanmar for Micro Finance Institutions.
2. Maiden onshore Syndicated financing of telco tower in Myanmar amounting to USD40.0 million.
3. Maiden Club Deal for a property development in Yangon with a deal size of USD30.0 million.
4. Maiden Syndicated financing for a regional Micro Finance Institution with a deal size of MMK15 billion.
5. Maiden trade financing facilities denominated in MMK for a regional agro player, deal size of MMK15 billion.
6. Syndicated financing of an award winning property development in UK with deal size of GBP225.0 million.
7. Maybank’s maiden financing for a property development in Sydney with a deal size of AUD75.0 million.
8. An award winning Aircraft financing of USD160.0 million for a global airlines.
9. Syndicated financing and bond issuance for a development of MRT project amounting to RM10.0 billion.
10. An award winning CCGT Power Plant in Borneo amounting to RM670 million.
11. An award winning Syndicated financing of one of the longest bridges in South East Asia amounting to RM4.5 billion.
12. Bond issuance for the biggest toll road concessionaire in Malaysia amounting to RM5.0 billion.
13. Successfully completed first Islamic Bank M&A in Sri Lanka.
Kamil graduated with Bachelor of International Studies from International Pacific College, New Zealand and Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration with Distinction from Massey University, New Zealand. Kamil holds LLM (Banking Law) from the International Islamic University of Malaysia. Kamil is also a holder of Capital Market Services Representative License (Corporate Finance Advisory) granted by the Securities Commission of Malaysia.